Seriously, are you serious?

This journal is created by a 20 something year old woman living in the Midwest. Read on to hear about my life, friends, work, men and all the unmistakably funny things that happen in my presence. The things that leave you saying, "Seriously, are you serious?"

5.13.2006

Mother's Day

Another day, another holiday for women. I wish one of these Godforsaken holidays would apply to me!! One day… oh that just cracks me up to think about. But anyways, it was another day for family. We also celebrated April and May birthdays which is our busiest time of the year. This include my cousin Mark’s, my uncle John’s, my uncle Carl’s, my mother’s, my father’s and of course mine. I got to legally drink a glass of wine with dinner. No, my family aren’t wine people, (that’s so laughable) but my aunt and uncle do and I’ve gotten used to it from them. We’re all from rural western Ohio. That’s beer country. Beer and whiskey, which brings me to love my whiskey. Jeez I feel like a hick. But anyways, being as I made a huge deal out of my birthday last month, nobody really said anything about it yesterday, which was a little hurtful. I did get a souvenir from my grandma and grandpa’s cruise. Actually grandma did a good job picking it out (necklace with a blue sandal charm. Very cute even though I feel 16 wearing it.) I know they care, but still. I didn’t even get to pick a birthday dish. I would have prepared it myself. I should probably stop being a brat because my birthday was almost a month ago. Plus mom didn’t get super moody or cry all day. It was great.

It was nice to be around everyone. We mostly got along. Mom was semi-normal. It must have been the baby in our presence. My cousin brought her 3 week old baby, Kyler. I had to fight my aunt (Kyler’s grandma) to spend time with him. My cousin finally told her off and got me the baby. I needed my Baby-Fix. The more I am around babies, the less I feel the need to have one for myself. But I’ll get into that another time.

But now its on to preparation for Graduation. I’ll get into this another time. I don’t want to bore you with a novel. But for now, I have to start inputting addresses of our enormous family into the computer system to put on the envelopes. I love my brother, but he should do this. I don’t remember having help when I graduated, but I’ll leave the bitching for later. They make me feel like a Godsend when I can do things like that on the computer and make life easier for them. And we all know how I like to feel important. (I know, I know. That’s painfully obvious isn’t it?) But for now, good day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home