Seriously, are you serious?

This journal is created by a 20 something year old woman living in the Midwest. Read on to hear about my life, friends, work, men and all the unmistakably funny things that happen in my presence. The things that leave you saying, "Seriously, are you serious?"

2.20.2007

Paper-Filler

At my job there is mutual dislike between me and mostly everyone else there. In recent months, they have taken to giving me meaningless duties that should and have in the past been divided among us secretaries. No, its time to pick on me. I have to answer the telephones. I also do daily court runs. I used to have to change the “back-up server” tape, but since I didn’t do it PL’s way (our lead secretary) she took it away from me. She used to say, as long as it gets done, buuuttt I like to do it this way. And when I did it how I liked, they took that away and gave it to someone else. Big deal. I now also have to take care of the postage meter and take the mail down at the end of the day and keep the keys to the meter and the safe. Yes, these are all menial little tasks, but they keep loading me down with this little crap hoping that one day I’ll get fed up and leave or that I’ll f*ck it all up and they can get rid of me. Yes I am on to their little game.

My newest job is “paper filler”. What does this all important task include? Yep. You guessed it. They have assigned one person to keep all the paper filled in the copier, printer and fax machine as well as keeping a stash in the cabinet. So every morning I was to make sure everything was as full as you could get it. If it was any less than that when I was checked up on, it just wasn’t acceptable. AND, if someone had a huge copy job and they used almost everything in the morning or whenever, if PL came back and checked and it was low, I got my arse ripped. I don’t have time to go back and check the paper levels throughout the day. That is idiotic and a complete waste of my time.

Then PL decided that we shouldn’t have it filled ALL THE WAY UP every day because then the paper on the bottom will get ‘old’ and she doesn’t want that, so I was then to just keep an eye on it. Well, earlier this week 2 of the girls had a couple big print and copy jobs and ran out of paper and its my arse on the line. Whatever.

I already hate them. What does it matter? PL says “JM, we could train a MONKEY to do this job. If we can’t trust you to do something as simple as fill the paper around here, then how are we supposed to trust you to do ANYTHING?” I almost punched her in the face right then and there. I do my job. Why doesn’t she go bust coke head over there who takes frequent bath/smoke breaks daily and an overly long lunch break?? Nope, lets bust the paper girl!!!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home