Seriously, are you serious?

This journal is created by a 20 something year old woman living in the Midwest. Read on to hear about my life, friends, work, men and all the unmistakably funny things that happen in my presence. The things that leave you saying, "Seriously, are you serious?"

11.09.2007

The sad man at work

Today was a busy morning. I felt productive and good. Excited about seeing the new guy this weekend. My parents were out of town which meant NO interruptions.

Then I get a fax from the MRI place. We had already received a report on this patient earlier this week that said that everything was fine. No bulging discs. Fine. So we get this addendum. It states that there were discrepencies in his marrow and the reasonable explaination would be that he has lymphoma or leukemia. So now, we have to call this man that we already said was fine and tell him that he needs to see an oncologist. I work for a chiropractor. I don't get this kind of stuff.

So I'm calling oncologists and cancer centers and they are telling me it will take close to 2 weeks to get him in. I'm emotional. I'm upset because these dipshits have NO heart and I want my patient taken care of. I want someone who is sympathetic and kind and not a friggin PMS bitch. WTF??

I'll be the first one to say that I get overly attached to my pateints. That's why I'm good at what I do. I care.

This man is not married. Kinda lonely. He flirts with me everytime he comes in the office but since he doesn't really act on it, I play along. It's friendly banter. He doesn't seem to have much family. Who is going to care about his man having cancer? He comes in about 5 minutes late today and said he was sorry. He didn't know where the time went. I've got tears in my eyes. What do you say to this man? What can you possibly say to make it better? When he leaves, he always makes a joke about me swiping his credit card and how I'm the only woman he lets use his plastic and stuff. Not a word today. It's a sad day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home